Monday, July 5, 2010

Google Maps

'Google maps' is an effective tool for schools for children can map their own school trips or other relevant activities in or out of class.

Plus
Students are able to map out trips, find a friend's house or their school and be able to get directions from one place to another including time it takes and distance travelled.
Minus
The map doesn't include every little part of the world.
Interesting
I used 'Google maps' to find my way from Bundaberg to Canberra on a trip this year. It was very useful in the way that I was able to tell how long it would take me to get there, which roads I could take and where other towns were so that I was able to fuel up.
Theory
Google Maps can be used by students for individual or group work. Cognitive theory would apply if the student was using 'Google maps' by themselves. Social Constructivism theory would apply if students were working together in groups.


View Larger Map

References:

Map is from http://maps.google.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment